Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Summer Memories

 

 

Summer Memories

Summer memories are warm and sweet. I wanted to share a poem even while fearing once I let it out I will be unable to ever outdo it in feeling and depth of myself immersed therein.

Coyote Night by Mary Gerdt * 2008 all rights reserved

When we walk down a road in the dark,

And the Coyotes are crying their mournful cry,

The smells of summer drift and hang in the valley

And little night birds chirp goodnight.

The stars peek out from the clouds of August mist

The moon hangs over the hills by home.

My memories fade to days gone by

When we looked at the nights from inside.

Now we walk on the path outside

Not afraid anymore.

While the coyotes cry.

 

Best wishes to you and yours.mary g

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coyote Night is a wonderfully descriptive poem.  I was walking that same path while reading the poetry.

What a marvelous blog- I feel like I am personally embarking on a journey through the universe.  More and more I think of other suns with other "earths" and many other "intelligent beings".  It is a humbling thought, but just as on the dark path, our understanding and expression of ideas, I am no longer afraid.  I am part of a much larger harmonic universe.