Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Tear and a Smile (or two)

A Tear and a Smile (or two)

This past few weeks brought Hunter to daylight and he is a healthy beautiful boy. Such a smile he has already.

It also took our dear friend Firmin and with it an eerie emptiness already as we planted the garden and hauled away the old International Truck without our familiar Sunday visitor. We shed tears with friends on Friday the 13th.

Then from the past a voice from MarySue my first roommate in VT commented on my blog. What a strange connection from years of spinning around and I now live accross the road from our old apartment which is now a horsebarn.

So I had wanted to say more but will leave it for now as a tear and a smile now two. I wish you peace and that you might make a connection every time you lose one.

Au Revoir Firmin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


HI!!!! so it IS you ... how strange .. a voice from the past.. wow I think it has been at least 27 years since I left Vermont .. and have missed it for 27 years too....
your writing is beautiful !
there are a lot of questions in my brain about you and yours .
I  see Fred is still in your life... Give him my best hello
I am afraid to ask about his family .
when one goes away you sort of get this false sense of everything standing still where you left it... I know that cant be.. but I can hope...
I have 3 children 21,18, and 14 - 2 boys and the last a girl...
so nice to think of you !!and read this .. now I am wondering about so many people that I have left behind ...